Friday, May 2, 2008

Having fun with VoiceThreads

I just took yet another workshop, this time on creating VoiceThreads around images. The workshop was held at the Hecksher Museum in Huntington. What a great location for a workshop! We were introduced to VoiceThreads and then given an assignment to engage us in actually working with and creating our own VoiceThread. First, we viewed some of Long Island's best student artwork, then we had to take pictures of certain works, upload them into VoiceThread, then record a description of each piece including our comments and reactions. I really enjoyed the whole process, from the picture taking to working with VoiceThread. Just think of all the possibilities this tool can present in a classroom or library! Now I have another addictive tool to add to my Web 2.0 toolbox! Below is my first VoiceThread I created at the Hecksher Museum:

No comments: