Saturday, February 9, 2008

Another New Start

Wow, did that school vacation go fast or what? I can't believe that I'm already knee deep in the spring semester, my last one for my library degree (hooray!) and my second semester of T.E.A.M. I'm once again learning things at lightning speed. For example, I took the SmartBoard workshop and now I'm creating lessons for it and doing a lot of my student teaching with it at the high school. The students love when I pull out the SmartBoard, it's not a technology they're that familiar with and I notice I collect a lot of onlookers when I'm teaching with it, as other teachers wander into the library to watch! I just finished a workshop on WordPress and am already creating a new blog with this great, free, online tool, so look out Blogger, as soon as I get my WordPress blog up and running, I'm switching! Now, I'm waiting for my next workshop about creating banners in PhotoShop, which I desperately need some guidance and direction in, so I'm looking forward to this class. I have to design a banner for my Dreamweaver site, which is no easy task, not so much in the technical aspects, but because there are so many choices and to narrow it down and come up with an idea that really pops off the page is going to be difficult to say the least. At least I'm following this whole CSS layout which we are now using for our sites and I'm finding CSS much more easier to use than what I had been doing. So stay tuned for some of the new exciting technology I will be learning and using this semester and possibly a new blog!

No comments: