Thursday, February 14, 2008

Metacognition Module Response

For this assignment, I chose to present my answers to the module questions in a PhotoStory format. Now, if you know me, my strength is my writing, so I definitely decided to work outside my comfort zone and try something new. Since I am student teaching at the moment and working with two 9th grade English classes who are working on my world hunger webquest, I thought I'd create my own PhotoStory, since that's the format the students are using too. I figured I could use the practice so I could help the kids. Well, the actual process of creating the PhotoStory went well, and the project came together easily, I'm happy to say! However, I did not account for the fact that I did not know what to do with the PhotoStory once it was complete! I realized soon on that the file was too large to email to Michele. Then I decided to embed it in the wiki, but how to do that? Well, don't use YouTube, I can save you a lot of time here. I tried uploading my PhotoStory to YouTube and after several tries I realized that wasn't going to work, even though they kept giving me a code to embed, it never worked. At 1 a.m., I gave up and did the only smart thing I could think of the next morning, I emailed Karen! Thanks for your suggestion Karen, which was to upload the PhotoStory to Google Video. This worked perfectly, and I was able to embed the code in the wiki. So, all I can say is, I learned a lot about "Metacognition" in the module, but my learning did not stop there, I've learned alot about PhotoStory, YouTube and Google video too! Here's a copy of my metacognition video, in case you want to check out my first PhotoStory!

No comments: